Time & Location
28 May 2022, 12:00 – 03 Jun 2022, 18:00
Loch Lomond, United Kingdom
About the Event
Please note that we only have female spaces left for this trip.
Discover 96 miles of stunning natural beauty along Scotland’s greatest walking trail
Considered to be one of the most popular long-distance walking paths in Europe, completing the West Highland Way firmly sits on many bucket lists. With many miles of discovery lying in wait, the famous West Highland Way preserves Scotland’s national character and is a beautiful way to explore the enigmatic charm of the Scottish Highlands.
Leave the busy world behind and immerse yourself in Scottish heritage
Typically completed from South to North, the route begins a few miles north of Glasgow in the town of Milngavie. From there, wild open landscapes will unfold before you to reveal a diverse array of scenery, including the shores of Loch Lomond with its majestic Munro, Ben Lomond, looming in the distance, and the infamous Devil’s Staircase climb which leads you up to the highest point of the route.
Stay a bit longer and complete your challenge!
Why not stay an extra 2 nights and hike up Ben Nevis?
Contact us for a £30 off discount if booking both events together.
Fly yourself to Glasgow, or if you prefer catch a train.
You must meet us at Glasgow airport by midday on the 28th.
Book your return flight to leave Glasgow on the 3rd of June after 8 pm, or book yourself a hotel in Glasgow for a well-deserved rest.
Not done with Scotland? Why not join us for a hike up the highest mountain in the UK, Ben Nevis? This hike will happen on Saturday following our West Highland Way hike with 2 extra nights at Fort Williams.
Hotel Transfer and Land Travel while in Scotland
Unlike with other organisers, you will not have to worry about how to reach us in the highlands. Our minibus will be waiting for you at Glasgow Airport to pick you up at the start of the first trail.
We want to make sure you will be safe and have a great time, and to this, we will have our minibus or minivan on call all the time to take you back to safety should you feel unwell or injure yourself at any point.
The van will also take us back to our accommodation and carry our luggage from one accommodation to the next, so you don't have to worry about packing a bit too much :-)
Meals are not included in the fee, to help break down your upfront expenses, but we will be providing cooked meals and packed lunches, which will be fully catered to ensure everyone's dietary needs are met.
Costs for this will be announced closer to the day, but it should not be expensive. We will also add a couple of nights of pub dinners.
As you can imagine, six nights' accommodation in a decent hotel will get very expensive, very fast.
So to ensure your trip doesn't break your bank, we will stay in lovely hostels at incredible locations. Staying in a hostel instead of a hotel in the middle of the Highlands will also make your trip feel even more like an adventure, while still having access to a dry bed, hot showers and proper loos :-)
The daily walk will range from 9 to 22 miles in a day for 7 days.
Some of the sections of the trail will be very steep and not recommended if you have a strong fear of heights.
Although we plan to walk at a moderate pace to ensure we don't burn out, you must ensure that you are fit enough to walk for long hours with short breaks and up very steep gradients on uneven ground.
You will need proper hiking gear for this trip:
- A very good waterproof hiking boots with extra comfortable insoles. This is your most important piece of equipment. If it fails in any way your trip will be ruined and you could also develop a serious injury.
- A waterproof jacket with at least 10000 mm protection
- A waterproof overtrousers with side zippers (for ease of putting on and taking off with boots)
- Smart wool hiking socks - no cotton socks!!!!
- Hiking trousers or hiking leggings (we recommend 3)
- Short sleeve hiking or running t-shirt (at least 3)
- Long sleeve hiking or running t-shirt (at least 2 for layering on top of the short sleeves)
- Fleece zippered jumper
- A day hiking backpack with a waist strap to carry your layers, plenty of water and food
- Refillable water bottle
Also recommended but not essential:
- Walking poles. This will minimise any knee or back pains that you could develop over the days
- Portable water filter to refill your bottle in a river, so you don't have to carry as much water
- Sun protection - you never know
- A cap or wide bream hat
You will not be allowed to follow us if come wearing denim trousers or any other type of shoes and socks other than the listed above. You have been warned!
Also, please don't wear any cotton. If the day is very cold and you get soaking wet, all you need is to sprain your ankle to end up in a life-threatening situation.
As the hiking trail saying goes "Cotton kills".
INCLUDED IN FEE
- 6 nights accommodation in shared rooms with people of the same gender
- Guide with you all the time and through the trails
- Transportation and luggage transfer while in the Highlands
- A fantastic adventure and new lifelong friends
By signing up for this trip you agree to our Terms and Conditions
- Ticket type
West Highlands Way - female
Ladies only please as we ar not mixing genders in roomsPrice£559.00