Time & Location
09 Sept 2022, 19:00 – 11 Sept 2022, 21:00
Snowdonia National Park, Penrhyndeudraeth, Gwynedd LL48 6LF, UK
About the Event
Join us for the most popular and fabulous hiking trip in the UK! The Snowdon summit is a must-do hike with super rewarding views.
This trip includes single room occupation in a hotel in front of the beautiful beach of Llandudno!
On Sunday we visit the UK's highest waterfall Pistyll Rhaeadr, with a chance for another hike over Cadair Berwyn.
Snowdon is the highest mountain in England and Wales, towering over the region at a height of 1085m.
Loved for its drama and majesty, the mountain attracts swathes of visitors hoping to conquer it all year round. For those unable to make the climb, there is even a railway to transport visitors to the peak by train!
Snowdon, like much of the Welsh countryside, is steeped in history and myth. Its name derives from the Old English meaning ‘snow hill’, but its Welsh name (Yr Wyddfa) means tumulus, or barrow – an ancient burial mound. It is said that the mountain was created as the burial mound for Rhitta Gawr, the legendary giant defeated by King Arthur. In another twist to the Arthurian myth, the nearby lake of Glaslyn is said to have been the final resting place of Excalibur, and the site at which Arthur himself was carried off to Avalon.
Snowdon is a mountain shaped by fire and ice. Its origins may be volcanic, but its distinctive peak was shaped by glaciers, like much of the Snowdonia range. Today it is an important area of conservation, home to a delicate ecosystem and populated by beautiful flora and fauna.
Frequently Asked Questions About climbing Snowdon:
How high is Snowdon?
Snowdon is the highest peak in Wales and England, with a summit at 1085m above sea level.
How long does it take to climb Snowdon?
There are many routes to the summit of Snowdon. This route via Pyg Track and Miner’s Track usually takes us 6 hours to complete, but it is the shortest path to the summit.
Is the Pyg Track dangerous?
The Pyg Track is not the easiest route to the top of Snowdon, and the terrain is somewhat rocky and rugged. However, it’s a safe route for most walkers, with well-maintained paths.
Do you have to be fit to climb Snowdon?
The ascent of Snowdon is a moderately challenging hill walk, but it’s perfectly manageable for most people in good health.
Can beginners climb Snowdon?
The trail we will hike is not recommended for beginners. You will need to have hiked some very hilly hikes of at least 6 hours before attending this trip.
- 7 pm - Meet at Brent Cross Underground Station to leave immediately - sorry we cannot wait for latecomers
- Drive to our hotel in Llandudno, with service station stops for food and toilets
- Midnight - Estimated arrival time at our hotel
- 8 am - Breakfast
- 9 am - Leave the hotel and drive to Snowdon
- 10 am - Arrive at Snowdon and start our hikeHike up Snowdon - around 6 hours
- Try not to die
- 5 pm - Drive to the hotel for dinner and a well-deserved rest
Snowdon Pyg Trail up, Miners Trail down
Length: 7.23 miles
Total Ascent: 2681 feet - 820 metres
Max Elevation: 3425 feet - 1085 metres
- 8 am - Breakfast and free time to enjoy Llandudno. Maybe enjoy the beach!
- 11 am - Drive to the foot of Tryfan for a beautiful road trip
- 11:30 am - Hike Llyn Ogwen Circular trailDistance:4.9kmElevation:95mTime: 2hThis walk has stunning, mountainous views; the iconic summits of Tryfan and Glyderau will tower above you as you hike. Some scrambling is involved, to begin with, but, overall it’s a relatively easy, and most definitely enjoyable, hike.
- 2 pm - Drive to London with service station stops
Estimated arrival time in London at 9 pm
£261 single room occupation
£58 Bus Ticket (full travel from London and back)
- Two nights single room accommodation in a hotel by the beach (no beach views from the room, sorry)
- Guided hike by a trained mountain-guide
- First aid kit and trained first aider
Self-drive and meet us by the hotel - full information will be sent to you via email
Join us in our minibus for an extra £58, simply add the BUS TICKET to your basket at checkout
MINIBUS MEETING POINT
Outside Brent Cross Underground Station
Meals are not included to facilitate for those who prefer to bring their own food
Lunch: We will buy something at a local supermarket or service station
WHAT TO BRING:
Snowdon is a mountain and the weather is highly unpredictable. You MUST have adequate hiking gear to attend this trip.
- Hiking waterproof jacket
- A warm layer for the summit
- Hiking trousers or hiking leggings (yoga pants are only allowed in good weather)
- Waterproof overtrousers
- Hiking boots/shoes or strong trainers with a good grip
- Backpack with a waist strap
- At least 1.5 litres water bottle or water bladder
Please click here to open our waiver form which includes important information which you need to read before attending this trip. You will be refused to attend the hike if you do not sign this form and no refund will be made.
1 - This is a mountain hike. You must ensure you are fit and have adequate insurance to cover you in case of an accident. The guide or anyone else involved in organising this trip does not accept responsibility for injuries, loss or death during this trip.
For your safety and everyone's enjoyment, you will be assessed during the hike, if you cannot keep up with the group in the 1st hour, you will be asked to turn back and wait for us at the cafe in the car park
2 - It is your responsibility to ensure the email address provided is checked often for updates on the trip.
On occasions, meeting location, time and other details might have to be changed and the event could also be cancelled last minute due to unforeseen events.
3 - As with any road trip, there is a chance of heavy traffic, accidents and break-downs which could force us to skip parts of the trip, or stop it completely. Refunds and credits will be provided accordingly.
4 - Refunds are not possible unless your ticket says otherwise or if we cancel the trip for any reason, so please take travel insurance in case you fall ill.
- Ticket type
Snowdon - Sep - Single room
Room only. Please add a bus travel ticket or arrange your own transportation Please join this WhatsApp group to receive up to date information and to help us find each other: https://chat.whatsapp.com/JbzcEyoTWbICMCMV50FK5CPrice£261.00
+£6.53 service fee+£6.53 service fee
- Ticket type
Full travel from London and during the tripPrice£58.00
+£1.45 service fee+£1.45 service fee