Time & Location
07 Apr 2023, 09:00 – 10 Apr 2023, 20:00
Sandown, Sandown, UK
About the Event
Escape Mainland England and join us on our travel over the sea to the Isle of Wight - England's largest island.
The Isle of Wight also enjoys its own milder subclimate and is warmer than mainland Southern England averaging more hours a day of sunlight than most of Western Europe and the same as parts of Northern Spain. Perfect then for a Spring weekend trip!
The better weather and the beauty of this island have attracted people since Roman times and even led Britain's longest-ruling Monarch Queen Victoria to have her home Osborne House built there where she lived for over half a century
Come and let us show you this great island as we hike some of the most spectacular trails it has to offer with stunning panoramic sea views over the chalky cliffs
- Explore England's largest island
- Walk on the beach
- Experience the milder subclimate
- Hike the white cliffs and see the sweeping panoramic views from Tennyson Down
- See the famous Needles - dramatic chalk stacks sticking out of the sea pictured above
- Explore the striking and unusual multi-coloured cliffs at Alum Bay
- A selection of stunning and unspoilt coastlines
- Find out why this walking paradise has over 500 miles of footpaths and is home to England's largest walking festival!
We will do two long hikes over Saturday and Sunday which include steep hills and take around 6 hours each.
You must ensure that you are fit enough for long walks and that you will bring appropriate walking clothes.
You will stay in a very comfortable hotel by the sea in a room with a double bed. There is a small discount for people sharing the room.
The hotel has options for two single beds, if you want this instead, please let me know. The cost is the same unless you find someone to share with.
The fee includes:
- 3 nights in a lovely en suite hotel single occupation
- Guided hikes, with the freedom to do your own thing if preferred.
- Return travel to the Isle of Wight, which should be around £70 unless you take the National Express coach and save some money
- Meals - breakfasts at the hotel, sandwiches from a local supermarket for lunches and dinners at a local restaurant
You must arrange your own travel to arrive in Ryde by midday.
Here is a suggested route:
- Take a train from London to Portsmouth & Southsea station
- Then a bus to Southsea Hoverport
- Take the Hover Ferry from Southsea to Ryde to arrive by midday
Your guide will also be taking public transport leaving from Clapham Junction and we can travel together if you want, just email us.
While on the island we will use public buses to get us around.
By signing up for this trip you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
- Ticket type
Isle of Wight Easter 2023Price£284.00
+£7.10 service fee+£7.10 service fee