Time & Location
08 Jul 2023, 19:00 – 15 Jul 2023, 19:00
Morzine, 74110 Morzine, France
About the Event
The French Alps aren’t all about skiing. In the summer, there’s way more to do than during the winter and with loads of events coming to town, 2023 is a year not to be missed!
The theme of the week is active. You don’t need to be massively fit and you don’t need to be particularly sporty, but you should want to do stuff. But it's up to you how much you do and how extreme the stuff is.
It’s your holiday!
We can go hiking, biking, bbq-ing, rafting, wild swimming, trim trails, paragliding, picnicking, horse riding, go-karting, SUP-ing, golfing, fishing, photo ‘hunting’, climbing, partying, kayaking, pot-holing, wakeboarding, tree climbing, tennis… the list is endless.
Each trip and each day is different – come play with us!
Day 1: Make your way to Morzine. Most fly into Geneva and then grab a transfer van for the 1hr20mins up to town, we can help you with this if you need. We’ll probably head out to a local restaurant for ‘wood-fired’ pizza in the evening, followed by a visit to a few of the local hostelries.
Day 2: We split the group into two, one for mountain biking and another for hiking.
We hire mountain bikes and take the lifts up the mountain to enjoy the day cruising or hiking back down on tracks and trails. After stopping at the ‘Village of the goats’ for lunch, We go for a dip into the lake of Montriond for a swim in the afternoon sun.
Day 3: We start the day on the ‘Fantasticable,’ a zip wire that crosses the valley, over 200m in the air and over 100 kph, That should wake you up a little. Afternoon by the Olympic size pool (bring your Speedos!), early evening climbing ladders, rope swings, crossing waterfalls and swinging through the trees.
You can opt to sit out any of these.
Day 4: Short hike up the Pleney to lunch in a mountain restaurant. We then visit the Devil’s Gorge in the afternoon. Devil go-karting down the slopes in the evening.
Day 5: Ever abseiled down a waterfall? Now’s your chance, clamber through the Nyon waterfalls and plunge pools. This is Canyoning! Then take to the skies again with a tandem para glide in the afternoon. Can you smell the barbecue?
Day 6: This is a free morning in which you can opt to rest or join us in either pony trekking or a round of disc golf or a game of tennis or a spot of mountain boarding or a spot of lazing in a deck chair.
In the afternoon white water rafting down the river Dranse.
Day 7: Mountain Biking on the other side of the valley, picnic lunch with incredible views. Let’s go down the toboggan run a couple of times in the evening, before tucking into a farewell dinner of fondue or ‘hot rock’ at a local restaurant.
Day 8: Transfer back to Geneva airport to be there by 10 am
Sounds pretty good right?!
£700 Single room occupation in a double bed - special discount for couples
£550 Shared twin room - price per person, per bed
£520 Shared quad room - price per person, per bed
Click here to see a YouTube video of the chalet. Down by the ‘dead centre’ of town, it’s in easy reach of everything – it’s all pretty new, has space for 10 guests in real nice twin / double rooms or there is a 4-person room which we’ll keep same gender.
If you choose one of the shared rooms and come alone, we will make sure to pair you with someone of your gender.
There’s a hot tub in the garden and a large terrace for lazy ‘al fresco’ dining and epic BBQs.
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- You’ll be staying in a beautiful chalet, close to the centre.
- Welcome drinks.
- 5 evening meals on evenings of the chalet’s choice. Normally we eat out on the first/last evenings, but it’s all pretty flexible.
- Unlimited beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee & hot chocolate (alcohol with meals ONLY).
- Breakfast each morning of porridge, cereal, baguettes, jams, toast, fruit, and eggs … we have a cooked option available each day and on one morning we will have a full English breakfast.
- You are welcome to make sandwiches and take packed lunches out of the chalet supplies.
- “Raid the fridge” policy, with snacks, biscuits, cakes, waffles etc available in the afternoons.
- HOFNAR hosts do everything from cooking breakfast and hanging out on the slopes with you to preparing dinner and leading the all-important aprés!
- The benefit of staying with a small group of like minded people, in a really laid back chalet where you can raid the fridge, wander around in your pyjamas, really make yourself at home and there are no kids!
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
- Flights – you just need to get yourself to Geneva Airport (look on kayak.co.uk or skyscanner.net for some of the best prices). Any arrival or departure times are fine and it’s OK if guests aren’t on the same flights. No problem.
- Transfers – we can help you arrange these
- Activities – Hiking is free, but some of the other stuff does add up. I reckon you should budget for about 60 euros per day… but obvs you can make that cheaper / more expensive depending on what you’d like to get up to.
- Insurance – please have comprehensive travel insurance including mountain biking cover in place asap!
- Two nights we normally go out for dinner as a group and at your own expense. Typically we’ll go for a fairly informal pizza on the first night and something more “Français” on the last.
By signing up to this event you agree to our Terms and Conditions
- Ticket type
Single occupation room
Price per personPrice£700.00
+£17.50 service fee+£17.50 service fee
- Ticket type
Shared Twin Room
Price per person, per bedPrice£550.00
+£13.75 service fee+£13.75 service fee
- Ticket type
Shared Quad Room
Price per person, per bedPrice£520.00
+£13.00 service fee+£13.00 service fee