Time & Location
28 Oct 2023, 09:00 – 21:00 BST
Cheddar, Cheddar Gorge, Cheddar BS27 3QF, UK
About the Event
Length: 7 miles - 10 kilometres circular walk
Total Ascent: 500 metres
Who needs Grand Canyon?
At almost 400ft (122m) deep and 3 miles long, this is England’s largest canyon, and with its weathered crags and pinnacles, one of our most spectacular natural sites.
It hosts a varied community of specialised plants and wildlife, many of which you’ll spot on this exhilarating circular walk.
This walk will take us around the gorge and via Velvet Bottom, Black Rock, and you will have views of Glastonbury!
And, of course, we will make a quick stop to buy some cheddar cheese from its original place of birth if the shop is open.
Trip cost includes return travel on a minibus and a guided hike in the Cheddar Gorge! How gorgeous!
We do not visit the caves on this trip, but you can opt out of the hike or part of the hike to do that instead. You must purchase cave tickets separately and directly with the local business.
We meet at the agreed time, drive for 2.5 - 3 hours to Cheddar Gorge, hike for 5 hours, and then return home.
We will stop at a service station for toilet and food supplies.
- Return travel
- Cheddar Gorge visit and hike
WHAT TO BRING
- Sturdy shoes for the hike, preferably hiking shoes, otherwise good trainers
- Weather appropriate clothes, including waterproofs if there is a chance of rain
- Plenty of Water
- Packed lunch and snacks
12 Black's Road
Hammersmith - W6 9EU
This is a long day out, so it is best not to have any plans for afterwards to avoid disappointment.
- Refunds are strictly not possible within 7 days of the start of the trip unless cancelled or rescheduled by us.
- It is your responsibility to ensure you check messages on this event and private messages sent to you before the trip starts and up to the morning of the trip.
- Occasionally, meeting location, time and other details might have to be changed, and the event could also be cancelled last minute in case of extreme weather or other unexpected events.
- As with any road trip, there is a chance of heavy traffic, accidents and break-downs, which could force us to skip parts of the trip or stop it completely. We will do our best to make your day better and avoid any of these, but we expect your understanding on these occasions.
By signing up for this trip you agree to our Terms and Conditions
- Ticket type
One ticket per customerPrice£68.00