Time & Location
27 May 2023, 09:00 – 20:00
Bodiam, Bodiam, Robertsbridge TN32 5UA, UK
About the Event
HIKE TECHNICAL NOTE
Length 16 Kilometres - 10 miles
Distance 4 hours of hiking plus breaks
Total ascent 200 metres - 650 feet
A quintessentially English castle with a moat!
Bodiam is one of Britain’s most picturesque castles in the heart of a historic landscape. As was Sir Edward Dallingridge’s vision when he built the castle in 1385, the approach to the castle with towers rising majestically from the moat is awe-inspiring.
With spiral stairs, battlements, windows for losing arrows and ruins where knights once roamed.
Our hike starts from Robertsbridge to the Bodiam Old Railway Station where we will watch a steam train depart.
Following from there, we visit Bodiam Castle, including paid entrance to explore and climb the tower.
You will have between 30 minutes to an hour to spend in the Castle so you can take tons of pictures and videos giving you time to soak up the ambience of this magnific building which includes a moat.
In fact, our entire trip will allow you time to take pictures at the most beautiful locations.
£12 Guided walk
£11 Castle entrance - free for NT Members, make sure to bring your NT card
WHAT ELSE TO BUY
- Train tickets - see details below
The cost is estimated at around under £19
Recommended train tickets from London:
- 09:08 am Charing Cross to Robertsbridge (arrive at 10:26 am)
- 18:10 pm Robertsbridge to Charing Cross (arrive at 19:28 pm)
Advanced tickets will get you a nice discount. Try this site:
Or any other option aiming to meet us at Robertsbridge Station by 10:30 am where and when our hike starts
At Robertsbridge Station by 10:30am
WHAT TO BRING
- Pre-purchased train tickets
- Hiking shoes or strong trainers that you don't mind getting muddy
- Clothes appropriate for sports or hiking
- A waterproof jacket
- A backpack for your things
- Packed lunch
- Plenty of water
We will take care of your castle entrance fees.
- This is a long day out so we recommend not making any plans for the evening to avoid disappointment.
- The meeting location could be changed last minute because of unforeseen circumstances.
- It is your responsibility to keep an eye on emails where we will send you a link to a WhatsApp group to keep you up to date.
- We cannot wait too long for latecomers as the steam trains run only a few times a day.
- Updates can be made up to 2 hours before departure due to train cancellations or similar events which are beyond our control.
- You will receive a full refund if the event is cancelled. The event will be cancelled if there are train strikes and you will be fully refunded.
- The event is otherwise non-refundable.
By signing up for this event you agree to our Terms and Conditions
- Ticket type
Bodiam Castle entrance ticketPrice£11.00
+£0.28 service fee+£0.28 service fee
- Ticket type
Guided Walk BodiamPrice£12.00
+£0.30 service fee+£0.30 service fee