Time & Location
02 Jul 2022, 09:00 – 03 Jul 2022, 17:00
Chaldon, Chaldon, UK
About the Event
Spending that unplanned night out in the outdoors is always daunting. Always be prepared – learn the skills to be self-sufficient in the wild and implement them in this reality-based two-day bushcraft and survival training experience.
This course is designed as a comprehensive introduction to wilderness survival skills and bushcraft techniques.
If you like the idea of travelling light in the great outdoors and making the most of any natural resource you may find or feel that a grounding in survival and wilderness living would be the best way to be equipped for travel through wild places, then read on...
On our weekend bushcraft course you will fully immerse yourself into wilderness living. Learning a wide range of bushcraft and wilderness skills. No prior experience is needed, but if you have plenty this is by no means just an introductory course, you’ll be amazed at how much you learn on our course.
Over the weekend you will learn:
- A range of fire lighting techniques and lays for different weather conditions and situations.
- Shelter building, using tarps and natural materials.
- Safe water collection and filtration techniques.
- Trees and plants ID, and some of their uses.
- A range of methods for cooking with a fire, we provide food from Saturday dinner.
- How to prepare and cook pigeon
- Try your hand at group fire by friction.
- Safe knife use, including various techniques for splitting, and cutting larger sticks.
- Wild tea brewing and foraging in season plants.
On Sunday afternoon you will get a chance to test out all your new skills, as you forage for your own tea, collect and purify water and brew it over a fire you’ve made.
This two-day experience runs from 09:00 on Day 1 to approx 17:00 on Day 2.
Full directions will be provided closer to the day
INCLUDED IN FEE
- Travel from London and back
- Tea, coffee, and hot chocolate will be available throughout the experience.
- All training
- Ticket type
+£6.70 service fee+£6.70 service fee