The Royal Walk , Sunningdale-Windsor : Waterfalls/ Ruins and castles FINALLY ! (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
IT IS THE MOST COLOURFUL SEASON OF THE YEAR!
Come with me to this lovely walk in the posh countryside, home to Her Majesty the Queen.
We start our hike in Sunningdale with its stunning manors to behold, and many adorable red Kites (a bird of prey that had almost disappeared 20 years ago and that is now thriving in the region).
We will walk alongside the lake to see the waterfall and the Roman ruins (such a rich history) and visit the beautiful Valley Garden where we may have lunch surrounded by the most colourful flowers.
Next, we make our way through the woods towards the Great Park and the top of the hill from where we will descend on Elizabeth's home.
And to finish, as enthusiasts of the second breakfast club, we will have a stroll through Old Windsor and its riverside for ice cream, a drink, a burger and/or some "PO-TAY-TOES" (references, my precious).
EVERYONE IS WELCOME, NEWBIES OR HARDCORE HIKERS.
Difficulty: Pretty Easy, let's try to keep you alive, we will walk for about 4 hours.
Distance: About 10 Miles (possibility to walk an extra hour and visit the gorgeous Windsor).
MEETING POINT: We will be meeting at Waterloo Station at 10 am where we will buy a much cheaper group ticket with a 33% discount. Bring cash so we can buy together and apply for the mentioned discount.
15 £ via PayPal
Included: Guide fee
Not included: Travel and anything else
HIKE TECHNICAL NOTES:
Ascent: 200 metres
5 hours of walking time including breaks.
WHAT TO BRING :
- hiking shoes ( preferably) if you don t have any you can get a pair for 20 pounds at Lilly White or amazon for example.
- Your packed lunch and plenty of water;
- a rucksack;
- face masks and antibacterial for the train;
- your happiness, your good mood and the nicest version of yourselves.😁
WHAT NOT TO BRING :
- covid positive friends and family;
- discrimination: Absolutely everyone is welcome, we have people of every nationality, sexuality, religion, sex, colour, people with disability and all that matter is that we have a lot of fun together by respecting each other without judgement. We are all human and we will have fun and sweat together!
DUE TO THE CURRENT SITUATION PLEASE TRY TO RESPECT SOCIAL DISTANCING AND IF YOU DO HAVE ANY SYMPTOMS, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND, THERE WILL BE PLENTY MORE HIKES.