SOLD OUT Snowdon weekend hike - private hotel room and travel included
Time & Location
About the Event
COVID 19 - If this trip is cancelled because of new restrictions, you will receive a full refund.
You will be staying in a room for yourself.
Snowdon Pyg Trail up, Miners Trail down
Length: 7.23 miles
Max Elevation: 3425 feet - 1085 metres
Snowdon is one of the most famous and recognisable sights in the UK. An awe-inspiring mountain and the highest peak in England and Wales at 1085m!
Located in North Wales, over 500,000 walkers flock to the mountain every year and are rewarded with views that stretch for miles! The views of the surrounding peaks, jagged ridges, stunning valleys and glistening lakes really are breathtaking. On a clear day, it is possible to see as far as Ireland and even the Isle of Man!
The name ‘Snowdon’ means ‘Snow Hill’ and snow can often be seen covering parts of the mountain. Whilst the Welsh name ‘Yr Wyddfa’ translates to ‘Burial Place’, which may refer to the fact that Snowdon is said to be the mythical resting place of Rhitta Gawr – the giant killed by King Arthur.
For this trip, you must have strong knees, have hiked steep hills in the last few weeks before the trip and not be afraid of heights at all.
There is a little bit of scrambling and tricky, loose ground underfoot.
8 am - Depart from Hammersmith, London
Drive 4 hours plus 2 service station stops to Llandudno where our hotel is.
Llandudno is a coastal town in north Wales. It’s known for North Shore Beach and 19th-century Llandudno Pier.
- 8 am - We drive straight to Pen-Y-Pass to secure our car parking
- 9:00 am - Hike Snowdon up via Pyg Trail and down by Miners trail - around 5 to 7 hours
- Try not to die
- Drive back to London straight after, with stops for dinner and loo
Estimated arrival time in London at 9 pm
Meeting near Hammersmith Station
Details to be given nearer the day
Full coach travel is included.
Only breakfast is included in the price.
Other meals are not included to facilitate for those who prefer to bring their own food
Packed lunch for the hike: We will buy something at a local supermarket
Dinner: The hotel serves a nice dinner where we can eat on Saturday night, otherwise we can eat cheap at a local fish and chips or similar
Bring your own car and pay only £200
- Full travel from London and back
- CPC driver trained and qualified to drive double-decker buses
- 1 night single room accommodation
- Breakfast on Sunday
- Guided hike by a trained mountain-guide
- First aid kit and trained first aider
WHAT TO BRING:
Snowdon is a mountain and the weather is highly unpredictable. You MUST have adequate hiking gear to attend this trip.
- Winter hiking waterproof jacket
- A warm layer for the summit (regardless of the weather at ground level)
- Hiking trousers or hiking leggings (yoga pants will not be allowed for your safety unless wearing two layers)
- Waterproof overtrousers
- HIKING BOOTS!
- Backpack preferably with a waist strap
- At least 1.5 litres water bottle or water bladder
1 - It is your responsibility to ensure you check messages on this event and private messages sent to you before the trip starts and up to the morning of the trip.
On occasions, meeting location, time and other details might have to be changed and the event could also be cancelled last minute.
2 - As with any road trips, there is a chance of heavy traffic, accidents and break-downs which could force us to skip parts of the trip, or stop it completely.
3 - This is a mountain hike. You must ensure you are fit and have adequate insurance to cover you in case of an accident. The guide or anyone else involved in organising this trips does not accept responsibilities for injuries, loss or death during this trip.
4 - Refunds are not possible with exception of government-imposed restriction, so please take travel insurance in case you fall ill.
- Sold OutSnowdon hotel +travel included£255+£6.38 Service fee£255+£6.38 Service fee0£0