Hastings Woodlands, Old Town, day hike - Coastal hike 7 miles
Time & Location
About the Event
In true Non-Morning people style, we catch our train at nearly 10 am and start our hike at midday :-) If you miss the coast side, this is a must-do trip. This is a dramatic and hilly coastal clifftop circular walk that will offer you incredible views with some tough inclinations to get you fit again. This is a circular walk starting and ending in Hastings Station. In front of the old town is the working beach, with its distinctive black clapperboard houses, beach-launched fishing boats, Jerwood Art Gallery, and a nice view from the seawall.
- The most beautiful and awesome hiking leader
- A fantastic day out
WHAT TO BRING:
- About £20-25 for train tickets (group save discount) you will have to pay a bit more if you come late
- Your yummy body
- Trainers or hiking shoes
- Waterproof jacket and overtrousers
- Packed lunch
- Water bottle
- Flashlight just in case
- £3 for the lift rail in Hastings if you want, or just walk it up
- Your good sense of humour
- grumps will be turned away or shoved from the cliffs
- If you are foreign you have to teach us how to say fuck in your language. Bring it written on little papers so we can remember. I will start: Fuck is FODA-SE (fou dah -sae) in Portuguese ( I am Brazilian)
- 12 kilometres - or thereabout
- 7 miles - or about there
- Ascent - two shit loads - stop whining you can take the lift rail for one of them
- Descent - as above, but backwards
Dis gonna be fun.
PS.: Grammatical errors purposeful. Deal with it.
Meet me at 10 am at Charing Cross station by the Pastry shop
We cannot wait for latecomers as the train waits for no man
Train departures are usually extremely punctual
PLEASE BRING CASH FOR THE TRAIN TICKETS.
You can meet us at Hastings Station if you prefer at midday.
No refunds are possible if you cancel or don't show up. Sorry
Full refund if we have to cancel for any reason.
Return time cannot be guaranteed
The train is hourly and punctual, and for that reason, we cannot wait for latecomers. Make sure to give yourself extra time in case of transportation problems which is very likely at the moment.
Refunds are not possible if you miss the train. Sorry I
t is your responsibility to ensure you check messages on this event and private messages sent to you before the trip starts and up to the morning of the trip. On occasions, meeting location, time and other details might have to be changed and the event could also be cancelled last minute in case of extreme weather or other unexpected events.
- Hastings 10/07/2021£15+£0.38 Service fee£15+£0.38 Service fee0£0