Cornwall Tintagel, Boscastle and Port Isaac - Hiking and Sightseeing
Time & Location
About the Event
Go on a legendary adventure in Cornwall this summer!
We start at Tintagel - a Cornish castle with links to the stories of King Arthur.
We will cross the spectacular new bridge to take in unforgettable views of the coastline and explore the history-rich headland, the walk among the castle ruins that still cling to the cliffs, find early-medieval remains and meet Gallos - the life-size bronze statue of an ancient king who keeps watch over the wild seas below.
Heading down to sea level for a stroll along the sandy beach and venture into Merlin's Cave.
Following our Tintagel Castle visit, we head to our hike of the day to Boscastle, along the coast and back via Cornish countryside.
Soak up the natural beauty of the headland and look out for wildlife. You can often see seals playing in the water and the rugged cliffs teem with birds sheltering from the winds.
Our second day will be spent by Port Isaac, a charming little fishing village, set amidst the rugged north coast of Cornwall.
We will start the day with a shorter hike followed by free time to explore Port Isaac and have a well-deserved fish and chips for lunch.
You will be enchanted by the narrow winding streets that lead you on a historical journey, past white-washed cottages down to the atmospheric harbour front.
Welcoming bars and restaurants sit within centuries-old buildings, where the echoes of traditional village life resonate with warmth and character. Fans of long-running TV series, Doc Martin, will recognise Port Isaac as the setting for the fictional village of Portwenn.
Love swimming or beach time? Bring your beach gear as there could be a chance to chillax on sandy beaches, if the weather permits.
- 7 am meet at Hammersmith, near the station, exact location to be confirmed closer do the date.
- Drive 5 hours to Tintagel, with 2 or 3 service station stops, including a 45 minutes lunch break.
- 12 pm Arrive at Tintagel and have take away lunch (fish and chips, anyone?)
- 1 pm Go on a 5-hour circular hike
- 6 pm Check into our accommodations
- 7 pm Dinner at a local pub/restaurant
HIKE TECHNICAL NOTE
Length: 16 km/ 10 miles
Time to complete: 5 hours
Total Ascent: 598 meter
- 8 am Breakfast
- 9 am Walk to Tintagel Castle and spend 3 hours exploring the grounds
- 12 pm Drive 10 minutes to Port Isaac and have a takeaway lunch
- 12:30 pm Walk a 2-hour circular hike or opt to extend your free time
- 2:30 pm Free time to explore Port Isaac
- 4 pm Drive back to London
HIKE TECHNICAL NOTES
Length: 8.06 km / 5 miles
Time to complete: 2 hours
Difficulty: Medium - some steep elevation
Total Ascent: 388 meter
Single hotel room £296
Shared twin hotel room £258 per person
Shared hostel room 4 or 6 beds £218 per person (breakfast included)
INCLUDED IN FEE
Full travel in a private minibus
Entrance to Tintagel Castle
Meals (except for breakfasts in the hostel)
Anything else not included above
WHAT TO BRING
Sensible sports and comfortable clothes fit for the weather
Hiking or strong walking shoes as the ground surface will be quite rough
Refillable water bottle
Waterproof jacket as there is always a risk of rain in the UK
Possible up to 60 days before the trips starts.
We will make a full refund if we have to cancel for any reason, including government restrictions
You may resell your place, but speak with us first.
Terms and conditions apply, refer to our TM page for more details.
- CornwallSingle Hotel Occupancy£296£2960£0
- Twin Shared Occupancy£258£2580£0
- Hostel Bed£218£2180£0